Local Giveaway Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Local Giveaway Contest (“Contest”) is open to any age, but only legal residents of the State of Maine, and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Farmington Underground as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on January 7th, 2021 at 12PM EST and ending January 31st, 2021 at 11:59PM EST. All online entries must be received by January 31st, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry form at www.farmingtonunderground.com/localsupport. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. An entry will include the Contestant’s name, email address, and answer to multiple choice survey question. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Farmington Underground. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Farmington Underground.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive five gift certificates to local Farmington, Maine businesses (ARV $125). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Farmington Underground. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Farmington Underground’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Farmington Underground to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The prize will be awarded at the end of the Contest Period.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be randomly selected by Farmington Underground LLC. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of the Winner. The Winner will then have 10 days, after notification, to provide a mailing address or arrange for a pick-up of the prize. Farmington Underground shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to respond within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FARMINGTON UNDERGROUND‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Farmington Underground, anyone acting on behalf of Farmington Underground, and Farmington Underground’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this Contest, you consent to receiving occasional promotional emails from Farmington Underground. Farmington Underground will allow you to opt-out of certain information at the time of your entry, if requested.
9. Terms & Conditions: Farmington Underground reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Farmington Underground has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Farmington Underground reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Farmington Underground and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND MAINE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maine. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Farmington Underground LLC, 109 Church St. Farmington, ME 04938.
13. Facebook: The Contest hosted by Farmington Underground is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.